Write us!


What would you like to see on The Blaaag? Tell us at theblaaag@gmail.com.

I absolutely had to post this because David and I just had a discussion about Charlotte's adopted Chinese baby (also, I'm a diehard SATC fan). I never knew that Charlotte was so racist, but her racism manifests itself in scene-stealing moments of hilarity (see scene with the Poughkeepsie chocolate pudding). Anyway, here's the list:

1. Charlotte's cute adopted daughter from China, Lily, played by Alexandra and Parker Fong (twins). The gals teach her to say "sex." I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

2. Carrie and Mr. Big's realtor. An older lady wearing lots of makeup.

3. Woman having wild sex with Samantha's neighbor. Very, very naked.

4. Man with an extremely impressive resume interviewing for the job of Carrie's assistant... wearing bright pink heels. Goes from overqualified to emasculated in about nine seconds.

5. Dude with a ponytail, serving Samantha a drink. Seen at a distance. No lines.

Okay, I know I'm being nitpicky about a piece of pop culture fluff, but this is what I do. I can't help it. So what does it mean when a movie rakes in $56 million its opening weekend, is considered something of a cultural phenomenon, and a reflection of our society... and this is the best we can in terms of Asian American representation? I know, it's really the same old story.

UPDATE: Okay, I totally forgot about the Sikh man driving the cab. Also, there were a handful of scattered Asians roaming around the scene in Chinatown. Of course! Gentrification of the lower east side and all. And that's it. Those are all the Asians in "the City." Just like real life, right?

Read the Angry Asian Man entry here.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.