Write us!


What would you like to see on The Blaaag? Tell us at theblaaag@gmail.com.



A video by Mixed Company of Yale, an a cappella group, released a spin on Beyonce's 'Single Ladies', entitled 'Single Asians.'

One of the verses goes something like this:

'At the restaurant
I'll taste your sauce
And you can slurp my sushi.
I like it raw,
So bring it on,
And me love you long time.'

Etymology:

The phrase "me love you long time" and the accompanying "me so horny" originates from the Stanley Kubrick film Full Metal Jacket. In the movie, UK actress Papillon Soo Soo (credited as "Da Nang Hooker") speaks the lines:

Hey baby, you got girlfriend Vietnam? Me so horny. Me love you long time.

So there you have it. According to IvyGate who contacted the group, Mixed Company at Yale feels no qualms about posting this video. Full of endless (often derrogatory) sterotypes.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.